Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Thursday, October 09, 2003

TooMuchStudlyCapsWillKillYou

More about my Italian studies -- and language studies in general. In some computer magazine (it was printed on paper!!!) i found a link (which i couldn't click!!! ok, 'nuff) to this site: My Language Exchange. The article said that this site arranges (virtual) meetings between people who are interested to learn each other's languages. Well, i tried the search feature and when it immediately found a few people who are willing to teach me Welsh (!) in exchange for Russian, i was extremely happy. But there was a catch -- to initiate contact, one has to become a "gold member" which costs 12$/year. I couldn't stand the temptation, and i paid!!! Ya mama, i was so excited. I already spoke to a few Italians, and received great compliments, none of them could believe that i studied just two months (i blush). I hope they'll give me a discount for the membership for the next year for the great PR i'm doing for them...

This morning i went to the University, to sign up for the courses next year. I wanted to take Lithuanian and Slavonic, but they changed the hours since the last time i checked, so i can't take them both. Maybe i'll take Latin, or Catalan, or (as i hope) Latin and Lithuanian together.

No comments: