Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Monday, January 31, 2005

Soul Freedom 2005

The reason there were no updates for a long time, is that i finally moved to Jerusalem, to Hadar's dormitories where i can get no broadband connection. Going back to dial-up stinks and isn't worth the money, and besides - being offline for some time has certain advantages.

I am officially unemployed now. I don't want to go and ask for welfare - my consciousness just won't let me. I wake up everyday at 10:30, eat breakfast, play piano, go to the pool, eat lunch (with an obligatory bottle of beer, and believe ot or not, i suddenly fell in love with Tuborg, which i used to hate), read some Bashevis-Singer or look for mistakes in the 6-volume Even-Shoshan dictionary (and it's so easy to find them...). I invested my savings in government bonds, which earned me an interest of 0.23% in three weeks, which is not bad at all. If i had some more time for stock market research, i'd probably make more, but i enjoy the taking and giving slack. The feeling, the feeling of freedom! I'm just lost for words to describe it.

No comments: