Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I'm sick too

I had a heart attack yesterday. Actually it was in my belly, but i don't know how they call it when it happens there. I felt this sharp pain in my belly, tried to tell Eitan that i'm dying, but could hardly speak. Then my head began to explode, there was funny noise in my ears and i lost my clarity for a few moments. Finally Eitan and the guys from IBM who work with us called an ambulance. The paramedics found that my blood pressure dropped to something like 80/50, but i felt fine except that. They took me to Sourasky (Ikhilov), where a male nurse took my blood, or at least tried, because his needle stuck inside, bended and he had to take it from the other hand. When he finally succeeded, a doctor came to check me. Actually she was an intern, and she wasn't particularly nice; impatient and cynical, Israeli-style. Eventually after almost 2 hours in the E.R. they just said that i'm in perfect health. I'm not a hypochondriac, but somehow i just don't believe them.

No comments: