Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Monday, April 25, 2005

Made Me Cry - The Day After Tomorrow and PostSecret

Seeing huge catastrophes, even if they are not so real, makes me cry. I didn't cry about the Asian Tsunami that killed over 100,000. Sorry. No-one filmed it well enough. I cried at 9/11. It was live television. Well-directed documentaries about endangered species make me cry. And quite often ridiculous catastrophe movies do to. Yesterday i finally saw The Day After Tomorrow. The nonsensical plot made me laugh, but huge destruction scenes, millions of dead people, and silly politicks that interfered with the evacuation of Americans to Mexico made me cry - even though it was just a stupid movie. Besides, Emmy Rossum there is even hotter than Yulia Tymoshenko.

And there are no words to describe this blog: PostSecret.

1 comment:

nev said...

This postsecret is hilarious