Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Wish

The Wish List feature of amazon.com could be put to a new use: Not only finding appropriate gifts for weddings and birthdays, but rather finding gift ideas to be given just like that, for free, without any particular reason. Make someone happy with a few clicks! Surprise! I wonder why Amazon didn't patent it yet.

Anyway, i tried to do that to Roz a few weeks ago, but he didn't have a Wish List, so i send him the automated email. He thanked me for my concern, but still didn't create one. To prove him i'm serious, i sent him another one:

Hello,

I was looking for your Wish List at Amazon.com, but I couldn't find it. I want to buy you something, and I want to make sure it's something you really want. Create a Wish List at Amazon.com so I know what to get you. You think that i'm joking, but i am not. Of course, if you really feel like being a loser, disconnected from the modern online world and not having any friends, you can ignore this email again and not create a Wish List on amazon.com, the best website in the world, through which absolutely everything, including your life and soul, will be bought and sold at great discount within a few years; a wish list that could be actually used by your friends, such as me, to buy you gifts simply out forof sheer pleasure they get from giving and making others happy, instead of sending you crappy 8mb video clips which are supposed to be funny, but aren't.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

No comments: