Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Monday, August 15, 2005

5765-11-09, 10, 11...

It's too symbolic, how the eviction begins a day after Tish'a-Beav. Some Israelis say that commemorating Rabin's assasination on the Hebrew date of his death is silly, because everyone remembers that he was murdered on the 4th of November. The eviction was planned to start on the 15th of August, but there's a good chance that it will be commemorated, if at all, on the 9th of Av.

I fasted this year too, although i began a few hours late and my last meal before the fast wasn't exactly modest (Farfalle with Peppers and Ricota).

I am a crappy protester. I am blablablabbing about participating in a democratic protest, but yesterday instead of going to a picket at the Prime Minister office in Jerusalem, i went to see Batman Begins (good one, except Katie Holmes who looks like a televangelist version of Angelina Jolie).

So, this morning the eviction begins. I am unhappy about it and i can blame only myself for not preventing it. I hope i'm wrong with my grim prognoses about its consequences. God help us all.

No comments: