Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Talk to The Wind

"I've been here and I've been there and I’ve been in between" - I am not dictated by blind fanatism for "sacred land". I am dictated by human love which does discriminate between the suffering of my people and the suffering of my enemy's people. I can and i do sympathize with the people from the enemy's side as long as they really are innocent victims of the stupid war made by politicians, but i can't help sympathizing with my people more. It may be not humane, but it is human. The settlers are a part of my people and i love them and care about them.

"I’m on the outside looking inside, what do I see ..." - I could be inside. I could be there in Neve-Dekalim, protesting against the expulsions together with the best young (and old) people in this country. I'm not asking now this hypothetical question - "would it make a difference?", no; i'm answering - yes, it would make some difference, but i'm a wussy. Even a lot of people from my work went there and i stayed in the air conditioning.

"Much confusion, disillusion all around me" - there's a war going on, not between enemies, but between brothers. The real enemy waits, surprisingly quiet, to take his prize. And go figure, maybe time will tell that this was a historical war that showed the world how a pragmatic government that knew how to deal with its problems from the inside stopped a bloody war efficiently and without much damage, or a historically stupid surrender without a reason to a clever and bloodthirsty enemy who exposed our every weakness and beat us to pulp without a lot of effort.

"The wind does not hear" - My blog will probably not be read by historians who will decide about it.

No comments: