Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Everyone Loves to GTD

I gave myself three tasks for the weekend: 1. Start and finish the midterm paper for the Amharic language course; 2. Sort all the papers in my laptop bag; 3. Sort the papers and all the little things in the computer room at home.

I surprised myself immensely - i actually completed numbers 1 and 2. Having finished the Amharic paper i'm essentially free of any University-related tasks until the beginning of the next semester and my laptop bag is significantly less heavy now. As for sorting the papers in the computer room (or should i call it the studio? the music room? or simply my room?) ... i started. But i did do some other pending tasks that i promised to myself and to Hadar - hanged a bunch of pictures on the boring white walls at home and sorted some FLACs that i downloaded from Dimeadozen. A drop in the bucket, but not bad.

What makes me especially happy is not just the amount of free time that i now have thanks to completing the obligations to the U., but the fact that i actually succeeded in putting will power to some use. GTD, anyone?

fmmgyyv/vjzfsde

No comments: