Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Conspiracy, Conspiracy

I don't want to write about politics. I don't really enjoy it. I have opinions etc., but i don't really like to write about it. Certainly not on a day like this. Of course there are already rumors that Sharon is dead. Of course there are already conspiracy theories - why was he taken to a hospital so far away from his home? Why did it happen one day before a planned operation? Why did they give this or that medication? What should i know.

I have no desire to write about any of it. What interests me the most is the media - afterall, everything we do know, we know from the media itself; the media is most of the reality. And media is language. So, seriously - what interests me the most is the linguistic research opportunity (purely linguistic, sociolinguistic, psycholinguistic). Politics? I have opinions. I don't pretend to succeed in this sisyphean strife to balance between opinion and objectiveness; i shouldn't even try.

No comments: