Scribe, ut possis cum voles dicere: dices cum velle debebis (Pl. Ep. 6.29)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Intellectual Property - Don't Read This Entry, Please

Don't read this. I mean it. I hate it when bloggers just post a song they like and nothing else and then expect that it will feel as if they wrote it themselves, or maybe expect that readers will understand their mood through it.

I just had the urge to put this Tom Waits' masterpiece here. It doesn't mean anything, it's not related to my mood, i don't pretend that i wrote it and i don't want you to read it. I'm doing it 'cuz i can. Just had the urge.

Outside another yellow moon
Punched a hole in the nighttime, yes,
I climb through the window and down the street,
Shining like a new dime,
The downtown trains are full
With all those Brooklyn girls,
They try so hard to break out of their little worlds,

You wave your hand and they scatter like crows,
They have nothing that will ever capture your heart,
They're just thorns without the rose,
Be careful of them in the dark,
Oh if I was the one
You chose to be your only one,
Oh baby can't you hear me now,

Will I see you tonight
On a downtown train,
Every night its just the same,
You leave me lonely, now,

I know your window and I know its late,
I know your stairs and your doorway,
I walk down your street and past your gate,
I stand by the light at the four way,
You watch them as they fall,
They stay at the carnival,
But they'll never win you back,

Will I see you tonight
On a downtown train,
Where every night its just the same,
You leave me lonely,
Will I see you tonight
On a downtown train,
All of my dreams just fall like rain,
All upon a downtown train.

That's it. If you did read it and it sounded familiar, maybe it's because you heard it on VH1 promos. It was also covered by dozens of other singers, including Rod Stewart.

1 comment:

Amzada said...

Okay. Didn't read it. lol